Design Dos and Don’ts: Embrace this 12 months’s high inside design developments
Sunday March 7, 2021 4:00 AM
(StatePoint) The COVID-19 pandemic has always shifted our definition of ‘residence’, prompting us to rethink the best way we use and dwell in our areas. For a lot of, it is not simply the place to calm down and collect on the finish of the day – it is also an workplace, nursery, restaurant, fitness center or classroom.
Whether or not you are trying to create a stability and bounds between work and play or simply wish to transfer on a brand new leaf, now has by no means been a greater time to commit to creating a distinction with main updates to the house design and DIY tasks.
The concept of redesigning your own home decor will be overwhelming, however discovering inspiration within the high developments of the 12 months – just like the 2021 annual design developments developed by FrogTape in collaboration with acclaimed inside designer Taniya Nayak – might help relieve strain.
Comply with these dos and don’ts to realize skilled outcomes whereas embracing the highest inside design developments of 2021.
1. Do: Create a private sanctuary. We might all use a house sanctuary the place we are able to retreat, relaxation, and relieve our minds of uncertainty and anxiousness. From a devoted meditation room to a easy, quiet nook, using cozy layers and calming colours can create a tranquil surroundings to anchor you on even probably the most hectic days.
2. Don’ts: Keep away from colours. Do not be afraid to include colours into your own home decor, particularly in areas designed for blissful actions like after-work cocktails or having enjoyable with youngsters and pets. Vivid greens, pinks and blues, impressed by the outside, fruity drinks and blue skies, evoke joyful feelings. Create a way of enjoyable in your playroom, yard or patio by incorporating cheerful hues, playful equipment and brightly coloured textiles. Use a high-quality painter’s tape like FrogTape to deliver this pattern to life with customized hand-painted planters or partitions with daring geometric accents.
3. Do: Use distinction to determine focal factors. From including a pop of shiny colour towards a impartial tone to pairing mild and ethereal textures with deep leathers, there are infinite methods to create focal factors utilizing distinction all through the house. This pattern works particularly effectively in kitchens, eating rooms, and eating areas. Undertake beautiful nature-inspired hues in eating rooms by portray cabinetry or an accent wall in a wealthy tone and displaying different colourful touches to seize your consideration as you get pleasure from your meals.
4. Don’ts: Settle in for a uninteresting residence workspace. For these working from residence via 2021 and past, drawing boundaries between work and play is crucial. Whether or not you could have a sprawling workplace or a small nook beneath a staircase, create an area that prompts you to “go to work”. Mix impartial tones with punches of colour to ignite your creativity whereas conserving you alert and centered all day.
5. Make: Add your personal private contact. Whereas design developments can function an amazing place to begin to spark your inspiration, they’re meant to serve extra as a temper board than a rulebook. Whether or not it is a distinctive portray or an accent wall on high, make sure to incorporate parts of your personal fashion, pursuits, and aptitude when planning your tasks and designs.
To be taught extra about this 12 months’s high inside design developments and how one can incorporate them into your subsequent residence design updates, go to FrogTape.com/Traits.
With the best instruments and inspiration, you may obtain skilled outcomes in your house redesign.
Submit a remark
Please full the shape under to submit a remark.
* signifies a required subject
A remark should be authorised by our employees earlier than it’s posted on the web site.